This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of these links, I may make a small commission. Click here for my full disclosure statement.
I recently bought some work clothes from Forever 21 because with my new office job, I realized how much my wardrobe was sorely lacking in terms of office-appropriate attire. I was able to snag both this turtleneck knit top for $7.90 and this pencil skirt for $6.90. Outfits that cost less than $20 are my favorite.
More Fashion Posts:
- The Look For Less: Stuart Weitzman’s Highland Boot – $798 vs. $99
- The Look For Less: Celine Belt Bag: $2,650 vs. $101
- How to Dress Like a Badass (Without Being too Sexy)
- Spring Sales: 40% Off Festival Outfit Trends
- The Look For Less: Gucci Dionysus Bag – $1,350 vs. $86
One of my keys to pulling off a polished outfit that appears pricier than it’s actually worth? Keep it simple, and finish it off with any designer pieces you actually do have. Since I was running errands, I kept it simple with my Marc by Marc Jacobs wallet. Before I got the iPhone 7 Plus, I was able to put my naked iPhone 6 in this wallet, which made traveling much less bulky.
I got these strappy kitten heels last year in June at Reflection for only $43.19 (I sifted through my online bank statements just to share the price), and since then, it’s been a staple in my professional wardrobe. I wear these often to professional mixers, and I find that it’s great a conversation piece. I’ve received compliments on them or have been asked where I got them from. It’s gotten my foot in the door (literally and figuratively) with conversations leading to prospective clients.
RELATED POST – A POLISHED & REFINED OUTFIT THAT’S PERFECT FOR WORK
My boss was absolutely right when he advised us to look at our clothing purchases as investments: what articles of clothing will make a person approach you and open the door to a conversation?
The most helpful piece of business advice I’ve received: before you make a purchase, ask yourself: what will be your return on this investment?
Shop more office outfit ideas:
Get the Look (from top to bottom):
Marc by Marc Jacobs “Classic Q Wingman” Wallet: $63.14 on eBay
Strappy Kitten Heel: $43.19 – Reflection Shoes
Liked this outfit? Subscribe to my newsletter below and receive the latest outfit posts from me!
More Fashion Posts:
- The Best Tips to Save Money on Jeans (+ Sale on Frame Denim)
- Shopbop Sale: 20-25% off + Designer Denim $41.40 & Up, Summer Clearance $20.70 & Up and More
- 10 Budget-Friendly Ways to Spice Up Your Current Wardrobe
- The Look For Less: Valentino Rockstud Kitten Heel – $995 vs. $115
- The Look For Less: Aminah Abdul Jillil Bow Pump – $285 vs. $16