This page may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through any of these links, I may make a small commission. Click here for my full disclosure statement.
Right now we’re in-between seasons, which means the weather can be so unpredictable – especially in California. Over here, it’s almost essential to wear flowy and breathable fabrics and layer if needed. So what’s my favorite way to spice up a simple outfit? Add a corset. Corsets are my favorite transitional piece that are just so chic, versatile, and also, celebrity-approved.
What I love most about corsets is that everyone can wear them: they flatter any figure and define your curves even underneath loose and drapey clothes. They hide tummies but still offer comfort, unlike completely restrictive form-fitting numbers. And fashion corsets are significantly less restrictive than traditional lace-up corsets: most of them have an elastic band and velcro closure, so you can draw focus towards your curves without feeling like you’re waist training.
So how do you integrate corsets into your wardrobe?
More Fashion Posts:
- How to Spice Up the Classic Moto Jacket For Fall
- 4 Hermés Birkin-Inspired Handbags By Ainifeel: Crocodile, Ostrich and More
- The Look For Less: Stuart Weitzman’s Highland Boot – $798 vs. $99
- The Look For Less: Gucci Dionysus Bag – $1,350 vs. $86
- Designer-Inspired by Ainifeel: Chanel Medium Classic Flap Bag – $4,900 vs. $125
RELATED POST – DESIGNER-INSPIRED: GUCCI DIONYSUS MINI – $1,700 VS. $85
#1: Wear it Over a T-Shirt Dress
Still warm where you live? Indulge in the breathability of a good ol’ cotton T-shirt dress while the corset brings attention to your waist. You can finish off the look with strappy sandals or if it’s reasonably cool, cover your legs with some chic over-the-knee boots.
Leather Baseball Hat: $19.35 | Kendall + Kylie Corset Tee:
$118 $35.40 (Shop Similar) | Levi’s 711 Skinny Jeans: $59.50 | Over-the-Knee Boots (Inspired by Stuart Weitzman $798 Highland Boot): $99 | Fashion Drug Handbag (Inspired by Balenciaga City Bag): €89.95 – use code “Aileen10” for 10% off
#2: Layer it Over Jeans and Boots
On cooler days, you can layer them over a loose T-shirt and jeans for an ultra-chic look. Similar to the previous outfit, adding skinny jeans can instantly make this look much sportier and casual, especially when paired with a baseball hat.
#3: Focus on Color Coordination
During my most recent vacation I wore a blouse with an attached faux corset (shop more lace up blouses here). The blue striped blouse along with the denim-colored corset complimented my blue jeans and navy espadrilles for a color-coordinated outfit.
What do you think about corsets? Too bold or a great chic staple? Let’s chat in the comments and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter below for more styling tips and outfit inspiration.
Shop the Post:
More Fashion Posts:
- 5 Comfy Summer Solutions For Curvy Girls With Big Butts
- The Look For Less: Aminah Abdul Jillil Bow Pump – $285 vs. $16
- 6 Minimalist Winter Wardrobe Staples That Will Make You Look Ultra-Chic
- Shopbop Sale: 20-25% off + Designer Denim $41.40 & Up, Summer Clearance $20.70 & Up and More
- Transition into Spring With Your Current Wardrobe