This past year I’ve been on a mission to replace all of my cosmetics with chemical-free formulations. As you might know, making this kind of move isn’t exactly the most affordable.
I’ve strived to incorporate Edens Garden’s essential oils into my daily lifestyle as well as skincare regimen, and these miraculous oils have become staples that I simply can’t live without. Best of all, EG products are less than half the price of the premium essential oil companies on the market without any compromise in quality.
Edens Garden and I have partnered up again to share with you the brand-new Edens Garden Body Oil Collection! Although I mix in my EG essential oils into my facial serums, moisturizers and body lotions to reap the health and skincare benefits of each oil, I’ve found that my “original” scent blends are less than pleasurable – I mean, hey, Frankincense, Lavender and Lemon seem like pretty conflicting aromas, especially when mixed with scented lotion…
Not only are clashing scents an issue for me when mixing oils with other beauty products, but I also find myself using way too much oil. I am no chemist, so it’s such a challenge for me to use the right amount of oils to create a decent scent nor feel like I’m using an adequate amount that will actually produce benefits. Sure, I could probably get a container and mix the oils into my products, but I also fear this will ruin the formula of my beauty products. Also, quite frankly, this seems like a ton of work that I’d rather not burden myself with. Edens Garden’s body oils take the guesswork out of adding essential oils to your beauty regimen, which means less effort (and essential oil waste) for you!
Leaves No Greasy Residue
Featuring several aromas for every mood, the Edens Garden Body Oil line consists of gorgeous essential oil and carrier oil combinations that provide not only an aromatic experience, but silky formulas that actually absorb into the skin and even hair without leaving a greasy residue – this is a huge perk for me!
Each body oil blend features camellia seed, apricot kernel, fractionated coconut and safflower carrier oils, which is the perfect blend to optimize absorption and prevent greasiness. Even when I tried to create my own body oils by mixing carrier oils with essential oils, I could simply never master a perfect ratio that my skin drank up while smelling gorgeous at the same time.
Provides Therapeutic Benefits
This might be a no-brainer, but you can get caught up in the gorgeous aromas that you might even forget that each blend has its own therapeutic benefits! Featuring essential oils like lavender, rose, sandalwood and even cannabis, each blend can be used to achieve specific sensory, beauty and physical benefits.
Here are some of my absolute favorites from the body oil line:
Good Night: A calming blend, Good Night is mixed with energizing citrus oils along with a balance of tranquil floral aromas like sweet marjoram, chamomile and ylang ylang. This is probably my favorite aroma of them all!
Therapy: Perfect for a calming massage or to spread on your hair and pillow during bedtime.
Lavender Magnolia: If you love the scent of lavender but want to try something different, I highly suggest this blend. It’s still floral but has almost sweet and citrusy notes thanks to the magnolia, bergamot and lemon.
Therapy: Great alternative to the Good Night blend and can be also used to calm and help sleep. Also high in vitamins A, C and E and fatty acids that help to plump the skin and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
Vanilla Sandalwood: This scent almost reminds me of holiday baking during winter time. It’s sweet and scrumptious but not enough to smell artificial. The sandalwood completes this aroma with a slightly earthy and grounding touch.
Therapy: Highly absorbent and right in omega-6s and omega-9, this body oil will make your skin incredibly soft and supple.
XOXO: This spicy and sensual blend is deep, earthy and intoxicating, which makes it perfect as a perfume. Containing spicy notes like ginger, cardamom, cinnamon bark and clove, the pairing with jasmine, sandalwood and vanilla makes it a sexy scent without being too heady or overpowering.
Therapy: The spicy essential oils in this blend are perfect for firming and smoothing the skin. You can also apply to pulse points for a subtle perfume.
Rose Bergamot: My second favorite, this scent makes me feel like I’m in a spa. It smells clean, invigorating and not too floral. It almost smells like a slightly citrusy rose water!
Therapy: Great to hydrate and calm skin. Excellent for aging skin and for dry hair.
More Beauty & Health Posts:
- PMD Kiss: The Affordable Alternative to Lip Fillers
- 5 Benefits of Sunscreen Besides the Obvious (& 9 Budget-Friendly Sunscreens)
- Groupon Spa: The Ultimate Guide to Discounted Treatments
- Elite Deal Club Haul: $1 Fabric Steamer, $3 Moscow Mule Mugs, $3 Oil Diffuser
- Product Review: John Frieda Hot Air Brush ($29.99)
My Favorite Ways to Use Body Oils
- Post-Shower Hydration: While your skin is dewy, applying body oils will help seal in moisture. This is perfect for those who shower in hard water or during the colder months when your skin dry!
- Rough Hands and Feet: After scrubbing, applying body oils to your hands and feet before bedtime will make them baby soft in the morning. Wear socks over your feet when sleeping for maximum effect.
- Post-Derma Rolling Treatment: Any of these body oils can be great to use after derma rolling on the body to reduce stretch marks and cellulite. Because these blends are rich in vitamins and fatty acids, using them post-derma rolling can maximize absorption and therefore produce quicker results.
- Dry Hair and Brittle Split Ends: Applying just a tiny bit of these oils to your split ends helps to tame and moisturize split ends.
- Itchy Scalp: Massaging some Rose Bergamot to my scalp has helped significantly with my dry scalp issue!
- Massage: Good Night and Lavender Magnolia are perfect for calming massages.
- In The Bath: Pour some body oil into a hot bath for an aromatic bath and leave the tub with hydrated and moisturized skin.
- In Place of Body Lotion: EG Body Oils are non-greasy and absorb into the skin very easily, which makes them a great substitute for lotion. Plus, they smell much better than most lotions, sans chemicals!
- Eye Makeup Remover: For the most stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara, these body oils can remove even budge-proof makeup formulas with ease.
- Oil Cleanser: If you prefer to use oils as a pre-cleanser in your skin care regimen, these body oils can be great substitutes for your bottled oil cleansers! Body Oil blends like Vanilla Sandalwood and Rose Bergamot provide tons of skincare benefits that can be used for facial care too.
- Facial Moisturizer: Just a drop can be used to moisturize the entire face.
- Cuticle Softener: These oils are perfect to apply to the cuticles to soften them for a DIY mani/pedi at home.
As you can see, there are so many ways to use Edens Garden Body Oils! You can trade a bunch of your beauty products for just a single bottle of Body Oil, which makes it a much more cost-effective, natural, and powerful beauty solution to have in your arsenal.
Create Your Own Body Oil Sets
Just like with Edens Garden’s “Create Your Own” essential oil sets, you can also mix and match 5 body oils of your choice! The “Create Your Own” Body Oil Set consists of 5 1-ounce glass bottles, which gives you the chance to sample several aromas and discover your favorite. These boxed sets also make great gifts for Christmas!
You can get Edens Garden Body Oils in 2 different sizes from 4 oz for $29.95 or 1 oz. for $8.95. Their signature Body Oil Set is $34.95 and their “Create Your Own” Set is $39.95. Will you be trying these out soon? Let me know in the comments below and tell me which ones are your favorite!